YOUNG BIO-FOOD ENTREPRENEURS CAMP
July 8 to 12th, 2019
2 Saturdays for the Public Market:
DATES TO BE DETERMINED
For summer 2019, Farm to School is rolling out a new educational project for young people aged 9 to 14. It’s the Young Bio-Food entrepreneurs camp!
In the form of a week-long “Boot Camp”, the project will involve young people in several activities like promoting local products from the Laurentian region, exploring resource transformation methods and environmental awareness. Globally, young people will have the chance to;
- Meet farmers and bio-food entrepreneurs from the Laurentides region.
- Create a range of eco-friendly products using the products of local entrepreneurs: sheep fiber, Oka melon, micropousses, vermicompost, fruits and vegetables, honey, maple, etc.
- Reflect on the marketing and sale of products in a zero waste way.
- Organize a public market at the Oka Abbey during 2 Saturdays in the summer with the selected products or products made by themselves during the week.
Following their participation to the awesome week of Young Bio-Food Entrepreneurs, kids will obtain a certificate of participation in the program and a letter of recommendation from Farm-to-School to demonstrate their involvement and all their achievements for future jobs!
A unique experience not to be missed!
Age: 9 to 14
Time: 9AM to 4PM, with possibility of daycare service (extra fees) from 8AM to 9AM and 4PM TO 5PM. To be determined: hours of the 2 Saturdays in July at the Public Market.
Location: Oka Abbey, 1600 Chemin Oka, Oka, Qc J0N 1E0
Regular price: $335 / week
- $325 / week for registration received and totally paid BEFORE MAY 17th, 2019
- $10 off on the 2nd child and subsequent children.
- By check and mail (Ecole-O-Champ Québec, 2217 Chemin Principale, St-Joseph-du-lac, Qc, J0N 1M0). Please send the completed registration form to email@example.com.
- With INTERAC E-Transfert to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send the completed registration form to email@example.com.
- All registrations must be accompanied by a 100$ deposit. The remained payment has to be done by June 17th, 2019.
Hurry, spots are limited!