Our vision is one of an aware and engaged youth – young people who are equipped with the knowledge and confidence to independently make their own positive choices.
That is why Farm to School Quebec works with both elementary schools and high schools to further its mission in the classroom.
We collaborate with schools to develop a tailor-made service focused on the needs of the institution and its community. Whether it is an educational field trip or a fully optional course, our educational modules form the backbone of each program.
- Integrated learning
- Neutral and transparent (we want to get young people to make their own choices, following critical reasoning)
- Place Based Education*
* “Place Based Education is the process of using the local community and environment as a starting point for teaching concepts. Focusing on hands-on learning experiences, this approach to education increases academic performance, helps students connect more closely with their community, improves their appreciation of the natural world, and strengthens their commitment to citizenship. assets ” (Smith & Sobel, 2010).
Benefits for educators:
- Professional development
- Create a dynamic and fun classroom atmosphere
- Improve your student’s understanding of key pedagogical concepts
- Make your job easier: The modules can be integrated into your existing curriculum and even constitute examination opportunities, without increasing your workload.
- Have fun too!
Impact on students:
- Enhancing agriculture, food and environmental knowledge
- Valuing healthy lifestyle habits
- Developing maturity
- Mindful citizenry
- Critical thinking
What we offer:
- Educator training, tailored to their selected modules
- Individual follow-up for educators
- Coordination of guest speakers and educational field trips to farms
- Strategic agri-food consultation for your school
- Support in seeking external funding
Programs are tailored to the individual needs of each institution.
The school can build its own theme through its choice of educational modules.
Develop an optimal collaboration with Farm to School and become the most agriculturally awesome teacher there can be!
- Only one day long
- Includes: Animation tools, theory and a reference document
- No travel required! It can be offered at the school itself.
- Your school
- Your local community
- Resources available
DEVELOPMENT PHASEWe work with you to create a program tailored to your needs.
ESTABLISHMENT PHASEWe provide a workshop (including materials and tools) adapted to your program.
MENTORINGWe don’t leave you on your own! We are there to help and guide you on your agricultural education adventure. A bi-annual refreshment workshop is also offered.
Equiterre & Ecole-O-Champ Contest
Équiterre & Ecole-o-champ
About the contest
With a complementary philosophy, we have a greater impact! Together, we can showcase Quebec initiatives in partnership with Canadian organizations.
Look out! Our annual contest is a great way to connect with local agriculture and win some fantastic prizes for your class!
How does it benefit my class?
How do the modules work?
How much time does it take?
Can interested teachers help develop the educational modules and the program itself?
Do the modules meet ministerial (MELS) requirements?
Why have a farmer as a guest speaker in class?
Who are the agricultural speakers?
Ambassador farmers, for example members of the Fédération de la relève agricole (FRAQ), agronomists, students and workers within agrifood and environmental sectors.